Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cold Season & A New Job

Cold Season is upon us. All 3 of us have had colds for the past month with it getting better and then coming back. I don't think it is going to leave us. We finally took Brayden to the pediatrician on Thurs. because he kept complaining his mouth hurt so naturally I thought he had a sore throat. He tested neg. for strept and his throat looked fine, but low and behold he had an ear infection. I'm hoping his antibiotic will help relieve him of his cold symptoms at least a little bit. I think I had a sinus infection but I think I am finally getting better. Now Eric's cold sounds like it is getting worse. I hope we will get over this but it is really dragging out.

Friday was my last day working in the lab. On Monday I start my new job as a clinical research associate. It feels good and nerve racking to make this change. I have been ready to leave the lab for a while but I am nervous about doing something completely different. The unknown is always scary. I will miss those I've worked with these last two years and am excited to meet new people. My new job will be more administrative where I will be monitoring data obtained from patients in clinical trials and putting this data into databases so I'm looking forward to being more involved with the patient side of cancer research. This position will open up a lot more opportunities for me in the future as far as job selection and better pay. If you think of it, pray for me this week as I start a new routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment